Monday, January 26, 2009

Te Whiuwhiu o te Hau Alumni

Kia ora

the idea for a blog came about when I found out that the Auckland Te Whiuwhiu o te Hau Maori Counselling Programme was closing down in Dec 2008. The purpose behind setting up this blog was to provide a forum for alumni (graduates) of the Te Whiuwhiu o te Hau programmes both in the Waikato and Auckland region to keep connected with their friends and colleagues. I have been privvy to hear many success stories and ideas created for a bi-cultural or kaupapa Maori based counselling services. There are many experiences and strategies that may be useful for others - research, bi-cultural management, traditional counselling models, strategies for writing skills to name a few. This site may be a useful forum for indigenous counsellors and social workers - you are welcome to join in and share your stories.

Myself and Kimi welcome your stories to this site. Naumai Haere mai. Welcome.

5 comments:

Tiana said...

Tena korua

Congrats on a wonderful idea and opportunity for us all to share in.

Arohanui
Tiana

Hinemoa said...

Kia ora korua,

What an awesome idea and way to stay connected. I was wondering how to stay connected with friends and Colleagues that had the opportunity to learn and grow with this programme. Still thinking on your feet and running withit.... I do like that.... pass i on

BTG707 said...

Kia Ora

I graduated with the diploma in TWWOTH at the Te Kuiti Campus (2005 - 2007) & reluctantly moved to Australia mid way through B.A.S.S.

I believe in the program & just wanted to say that despite the move, TWWOTH has made me a strong & grounded person, regardless of where I live.

I will be home to complete my tohu (if the program is still running).

Arohanui

Cassandra.

Anonymous said...

Anyone aware of any awards/grants for practitioners in the NGO environment? any awards??

Anonymous said...

Hinemoa, TWOTH is finishing next year 2015 final year if you want to complete your tohu.